lotsa cool car sightings

Wow, today was a great day for Scirocco, Corrado, and Ur Quattro sightings.
First I chased a G60 guy down a backroad and got my ass spanked hard. Turns
out that the dude was running 15lbs of boost from a turbo conversion. He
estimated that he was pushing about 220hp or so. Oh well, it was fun losing.
:^)

Next, on Route 206 near Chester, NJ, I spotted a *very* clean Mars Red Mk2
Scirocco with a Zender body kit on it. It was parked in a gas station lot
sporting the euro light and bumper treatment. However, it wasn't until I
looked inside it that I fully realized what it was. The Koenig seats didn't
give it away. Niether did the old-school, early 80's-era, Momo steering
wheel. Nope, it was the fully complement of VDO guages -each of them
inscribed with the Callaway Turbo logo. Yup! This baby was a beauty. All of
the proper bits were installed as if it were teleported from 1982 or so.
We're talking H&R swaybars, BBS basket weave wheels, Drake stress bars, etc.
Very nice...

Not a mile down the road from there I passed a super-clean Alpine White Audi
Ur Quattro. Who knows what that car had in it, but it looked very
original. -a great way to top off the evening.

P.S. I'm over the hill guys; today is my 30th birthday. :^)
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor