My Scirocco Fired Up At 10:30 AM EST!

Woo Hoo!!!

I just got my Scirocco running!

I'm so happy I could cry... <G>

Last night I had a "Jarrett" moment, but I finally worked up the nerve to
turn the key.
The brand new World ASS starter, would not engage, I swapped out the
brand new
World ASS starter, with Marc Getty's rebuilt Bosch starter and it worked
fine.

It still wouldn't start, I pulled the number 1 plug and it was dry.

I had spark and you could hear fuel flow, and when I installed the
jumper, you could hear the fuel returning to the tank.
For some reason the fuel wasn't getting through the injectors...

This morning I popped of the intake boot, an stuck a screwdriver, so the
plate would stay up.
I tried starting it, and it almost started, I removed the screwdriver,
and put the boot back on, and she fired right up.

After it warmed up, I drove it up and down my street at wide open
throttle.

It sounds like a race car! 8^)

I'm really happy about the way it runs and especially the way it sounds.
I was worried that it would sound ricey with the TT race downpipe and the
straight thru Borla mufler,
but it sounds much better than the Superturbo muffler.

Now I just have to finish the interior, and wire the tail lights up, but
I'll drive it to CINCY without a dash.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com

'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
'84 GTI  - Parting out a Black '88 16V Scirocco  -  Rollers For Sale:
'79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco