Re: Anyone ever run Kerosene/Gasoline mix?

In a message dated 5/18/01 4:48:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jadamsvdubber@yahoo.com writes:

<< What is a safe mix for use in a PL engine?

 Just wanted to see how it effects top speed, for fun...

 or should you mix Jet-A with the gasoline?  >>

   No, definately never put kerosene in your gas unless you really don't want
your car for much longer. Also stay away from any jet fuels as well. While I
was in the Air Force, another airman in my shop decided to run JP-4 in his
bike, at roughly 50/50 mix. That evening he brought it back strapped to the
back of a tow truck. Found out that he'd burned a hole through one piston and
two more were about to follow.
  I'll echo the thoughts of others and say to go with racing fuel, or if you
really want to try aviation fuels, AVGAS, the type for piston engine planes
had been recommended to me.

Carl
77rocco
89fox