REPRISE: Heat, or IT's Hot

Ok my heater control valve seems to be working ok.  However the fresh air
flap is open, which I assume is drawing in heat from the engine compartment?
Or is it supposed to be open for fresh air?  Either way its not closing,
I've check the vaccuum hoses which all seem fine.  The acutator will close
the flap if I do it by hand, but wont stay closed. Hmmmmm

Btw, where the HELL is the vacuum resevoir?  Is it inside the passenger
front fender?  How to access it?

Greg

S. Coleman

> OK,...simplest way of doing this.  Pop the hood on your car.  Stand at the
> passenger side fender and look down at the strut tower.   Now look to your
> left and you'll see the "drain well".  This drain well may have a plastic
> (black) *tray that covers up the part you will be looking for.  The plastic
> tray is basically held down by that black piece of rubber molding.  Peel up
> the rubber molding and you should see how this plastic tray now comes out.
> Once out,...Inside this "drain well" you will see a long black plastic box
> that has two vacuum connections on the end nearest the passenger fender.
> You should now see the square *hole* in the box which is where this flap is.
> The vacuum connections you see control the open/close feature of this flap.
> HTH,
> Chris

Greg Coan
'84 Scirocco