[TECH] Warm intake issue

Now I am not sure what year this car of yours is, but in the Bentley Fuel
System Section (p5-56) of the 85-92 manual the whole system is described,

The Air Preheat system inside the air filter housing (warm air inlet) is
normally blocked by a regulator flap, Cold temperature opens vacuum control
valve, Engine Vacuum Actuates flap to open warm air inlet and seal fresh
air inlet.

the vacuum control valve is located atop inside the top cover of the air
filter system housing., the should be a hose running from the warm air
inlet valve to the vacuum control valve, and another vacuum line from the
vacuum control valve to the throttle body. This last vacuum line  is
connected to the  throttle body (shown in picture 7-4 on page 5-55 of
Bentley) as being at the location nearest to the large diameter intake flap
(thus facing the engine, you should be able to see it as it would be facing
you.)

Below 68'F the flap should seal the fresh air inlet, above 86'F the vacuum
control valve should be closed and the flap should sea,l the warm intake .
in between, restricted engine vacuum should keep the flap partially
actuated, with intake air blending from both intakes.