Der Rocco project update, dual engine ramblings, cincy hotel, etc.

Figured i would update you guys on whats going on with the Green GTO.
    I managed to find the sype of original wheels for the car. I may order
them sometime in the future if i get sick of the other set thats on the car.
I'll try to get pics up of teh car in present state in the near future.
    I raped the 2 donors over the last 2 weeks (while moving from Kings Bay,
GA to Chraleston, SC). I managed to swap a bunch of stuff into the Reiger.
Old setup was stock (blown) shocks/struts with cut (eww) springs. Swapped in
koni adjustables/neuspeed springs (8v fronts, unfortunately). I'll have to
live with spacers up front for now. Put a stock sway bar up front (old one
was gone!). Swapped out interior (leather), even though cloth was in good
shape, decided to go with it anyhow. Leather driver seat needs some
patchwork, but i've got an extra back seat to steal necessary patches from.
Swapped out all door panels (interior), all kinds of other pieces (the
little ones you typically take when raping a rocco). Grabbed all lock
assemblies off of the car that had a matching set (including the steering
assembly, especially good since the bearing is fried on the Reiger, rattle
rattle).
    Donor #2 lost the euro bumpers and Kamei kit (yes, the FULL kit, not
just the front spoiler). May sell this someday, may put it on another rocco
if i ever get another one. Never know.
    Once all the little raping was done, i started thinking long term, so
off of donor #1 i grabbed the tranny and head, and off of donor #2 i invted
4 buddies over and we grabbed the whole engine (that is block, tranny, head,
everything). No hoist or anything! I've never seen this done this way, and i
didnt think it would even work, but we did it somehow. Must have been the
smirnoff ice helping out a bit in there somewhere :P.
    Now having all these engines lying around i cant help but contemplate
the idea of a dual engine rocco. I've seen a couple of them, some are in a
vw book i've got (power and style). The only thing holding me back is the
incredible amount of cutting/welding that i would have to do back there. Not
to mention trying to figure out how to get a front rocco suspension to
properly fit in the back of one, a-arms and all.
    On a final note i gotta order all the stereo stuff still. may do that
this week. gonna get that nifty clarion mp3-cd head that just came out.
Searching for that has shown me just how overpriced crutchfield really is.
    Oh well, enough rambling for now. See you guys at Cincy!
DONT FORGET:
    I still have a room for just me. If i dont get some other ppl in there
soon im just gonna not get the room and sleep in the rocco all weeeknd
(seriously).

Allyn Malventano, ET1(SS), USN
87 rocco 16v (reiger gto - green - 'der rocco' - restoration in progress)
87 rocco 16v (donor #1 (gone now, finally))
87 rocco 16v (donor #2 (gone now, finally))
87 jetta 8v wolfsburg 2dr (260k, still tight :)