Sad news--advice sought

Hey everyone,

I was underneath my 83 today at the garage where I was trying to get the
yearly inspection sticker (NH) and the mechanic was poking the frame
checking for rot.  Well, it's sad news to report but on both sides of the
car just above where the rear axle beam bolts onto the frame there's a 6" x
3" section that is completey rusted through.  He poked it with a screwdriver
and it just crumbled like coffee cake.  Man, what a crappy way to start the
day.

Anyways, I'm heading to a body shop tomorrow to get an estimate on the
damage.  I bought the car Nov 99 off of a list member for $150 and have
already put ten times that into the car.  Sure, the thing is loud, harsh
(bilstein sports/neuspeed lowering), has rust on the 1/4 panels, but man is
it a blast to drive!  Needless to say I'm really attached to the car,
eventhough the body is crumbling before my eyes.  The motor's just getting
broken in (150K miles) too.

It's an 83 GT, fairly rare car because it's a later 83 with the 1.8, small
tank, full size spare.  So, it would be a real shame to scrap the whole
thing.  I guess my options are: get it fixed, pray the evil cancer won't
attack the parts of the frame, or buy another 'rocc and transfer everything
from my 83 over.  What do you guys think?

--Nate