Re: GTI vs GTI or Geordy vs VW

These are my opinions.  I test drove everything the past 3 months.  I finally
settled on the 98 jetta GLX vr6.  Here is what i came up with. 98 GTI Vr6 was
my least fav.  Engine was strong ofcourse.  But i did not like the handling
at all.  It felt very nose heavy and did not seem to have that German feel
that we are so used to.

Next up was the 01 vr6 Golf.  Felt more solid of a car but still had that
nose heavy feel.  Again, Smooth like butta engine.

Next on the list was the 1.8t Golf.  Handling and road feel felt the best.
But in my opinion mediocre engine performance compared to the Vr6.  Yeah I
know you can mod it with no problem and get great gains but with the 19,000
sticker price it was a bit too steep for what it offered stock.

1.8t Jetta wolfsburg,  Handling and road feel excellent.  Car felt a little
too heavy for the 1.8t though and again the price factor.

98 jetta vr6.  Smooth like butta engine yadda yadda yadda.  This car
definitely held the road much better than all the rest.  The weight
distribution felt excellent and definitely felt like the "drivers car".  And
a price that was within my reach.

The new vr6 are going off the lot within a day that they receive them.  Msrp
-200 is what people are paying, so they wont let them go for anything els
because people are paying it.  They cannot keep them on the lot.  GTi in
particular don't expect to get anything more than 500 under msrp.  For door
golfs and jetta 1.8t are a little easier to bargain with.

Brian 86 Rocco 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>