Injectors or???

Still trying to figure out the problem with my '86 8V. Replaced the plugs, readjusted the fuel mixture, and it still idles rough, gets poor mileage, cuts out at 6000 rpm, and now it even misses at cruising speed. At least I accomplished something... :D So I pulled the injectors to replace the seals, decided to quickie test them while I had them out, and found that they all spray a little bit with the fuel pump running and the air sensor plate at rest. The spray patterns all look okay when I lift the air sensor plate. Since they all do it about the same amount, I'm wondering if the injectors are okay and the problem is elsewhere. The air sensor plate looks like it's positioned okay (i.e. all the way closed). I don't what else it could be - a bad fuel distributor maybe?
---
Curt

'86 Scirocco 8V
'82 Scirocco 1.8