MK1 Windshield SEALANT

What product is the BEST to use as an additional
sealant/caulk as I install my windshield?  BTW, I
found a NEW windshield gasket semi-locally despite
every VW parts supplier in the country not being able
to provide one.  I paid out the ass for it though.  I
wonder if this was the LAST new one out there?
Anywho, TIA and please CC me direct.

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - 7 high build Primer layers so far!!! sanding sanding sanding sanding sanding - Paint SOOON!!!!!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith