Re: Windshield replacement

>I have an 83 Scirocco that has a cracked windshield, I have a
>replacement windshield and am trying to figure out how to get the
>old one out and the new in that rubber seal without tearing anything
>up or breaking the new windshield. Has anyone done it before? any
>suggestions? thanks

There's a write up in the scirocco.org tech procedure section on
replacing a windshield.  Other then that, my personal experience has
been good and bad.  Before I knew a good diy procedure, I hosed a
windshield replacement really badly.  So I called a pro, they had it
installed in about 15 minutes...made it look easy actually. And by
himself too, with only pressure from the outside.  It was actually
hard to watch the guy actually slapping the glass with a swiping
motion to get it into position...seemed to work though.  I wonder
how many you have to break to get a good feel for that.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net