new 2.0l and oil consumption

I have a newly done 2.0l block with a newly done 1.8l head. I noticed that I
am losing oil, but don't know where it is going.  Is this normal for a newly
rebuilt engine? do the gaskets suck it up? I have gone though a quart in
about 200 miles.  I am using conventional 10W-40 oil.  The oil temp gauge
seems to be in normal range, even when the oil is low. maybe I am just a
moron and can't read the 2.0l dip stick - I liked the one in the 1.8 better.
Thanks.

Steve