From: "'84 Scirocco" <scirocco@macslut.org>
To: "vw list Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 4:10 PM
Subject: Starting to stall

My '84 has begun to stall at stop lights and signs - like when the RPM's
drop suddenly it will stall, if I bring it down gently it generally wont
stall.  Tune up is recent, new battery.  Puzzled.

I also wanted to change my fuel filter.  Now I've gotten two from my parts
store that donąt seem to fit.  The end from the fuel tank fits, but there is
a bronze fitting at the other end, the threads of which are too large.  The
old fuel filter doesnąt have this fitting (which extends out too far anyhow,
nearly hitting the battery)  so am just supposed to remove this and use the
filter that way?  Cause once removed, the threads fit fine.  Part guy
"assures" me this is the one listed for my car.

Thanks

Greg
'84 Scirroco