Re: MK2 Motor Mount Help

i don't think you need to drop the front mount. you need to drop the
rear trans mount (3 17mm on the trans bracket, and 1 19mm and 2 17mm on
the mount that it rests on). put a hydraulic jack underneath the trans
to support it whilst you remove the nuts! then CAREFULLY lower the
trans until the right bolt clears the fender. the left bolt can be
removed by jacking the the transmission up a bit where there is enough
space.

hth,
chrisg