Re: [partswanted] CV's

I bought a rebuilt axle for my Rabbit once. Within a few months the outer
joint's cage broke just as I was getting ready to go on a trip. I replaced
it with a new one and took off & within a few days the inner went joint out
as I was coming down out of Rocky Mountain National Park, I guess it tried
to freeze up because the front end started bouncing so bad I almost lost
control, then it settled down to the characteristic persistent knock. It was
opening day of hunting season and every repair shop and parts store I
stopped at - not that there are a lot of those in Western Colorado - was
closed, overbooked, or couldn't get the part until the next week. I spent
the night in a rest stop and the next day managed to limp into Salt Lake
City where I finally was able to fix it. Never again, sez I. I'm sure there
are many remanufacturers of varying quality and maybe I just got a bad one,
but that's a corner I'm not cutting again.