Re: sudden car death (deader than ever!)

My first 84 GLI died when I caught some air over a bad set of railroad
tracks at the bottom of a hill.

5 minutes of diagnosing resulted in my discovering that the fuel pump was
at fault.  I ended up replacing the fuel pump on the curbside (those were
the days when I lived in an appartment and a good chunk of my high
turnover spares inventory was in the trunk of the Jetta, along with all of
my tools.)

I haven't been following this thread that closely, so I don't know checks
for fuel pump pressure (or even noise) have been made.

Drew (84 WE Scirocco, TD in 6 days and counting)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, geordy wrote:

> > It may have slipped, but a tooth or 2 would make it run like crap, not
> > die  right out.
>
> What else would make it die while going over a bump?

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca