HELP, need Coil info ASAP

I am in the middle of installing the Nology wires on Mars (1981 Scirocco)
Need some info...

The coil amplifier has two wires, Red+ and Black-
I assumed there would be a red wire that went to the (+) side of the coil
that would show 12V on the volt guage.....I was wrong.

When I pulled the coil, I noticed that the - side of the coil had a red and
green wire (together in a plug) on it (#1)
and the + side had two black wires pluged in seperately (#15)... I was a
little dumbfounded.

I went out and checked Cosmos's coil and found the same thing.

I tested all the wires with a volt meter and found:
Green 0.00  with ignition on and 0.00 when attempted start
Red 0.8v with ignition on and 0.8v " "
Black 12.?v " " and 12.?v " "
other Black 0.0v " " and 0.0v " ".

Do I hook the Red+ wire from the coil amplifier to the red wire going to the
(-) side of the coil that is showing 0.0v in my tests, or do I hook it up to
the black (+ side of coil) wire that is showing 12V.

Do I then hook the Black wire to ???????

Any help ASAP would be greatly apreciated so I can get this installed and
get some shut-eye without blowing up my new coil.

Thanks,

Randy