From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Geordy Rostad
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 8:17 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: sudden car death (fuel?)

Does anyone thing I may have a fuel problem?  I just replace my injector
seals btw.
Could it be a fuel filter?  Maybe I went over a bump and dislodged a
grain of muck and clogged
it?  Could the fuel pump shaft separate from the pump mechanism so that
it sounds like
it's spraying fuel but actually not...?   What is the easy method to
check fuel flow?

When I put the new airboot on it almost started and then died so I don't
think it's spark
or timing.  It only does the almost start and then die thing after
having sat for quite a
while.

Geordy
'88 jetta 16v