Re: sudden car death (deader than ever!)

>From: Geordy Rostad <grostad@thresholdnetworks.com>

>Alrighty!
>I've tested for a spark and I got one so next is the timing belt,

Umm, if you're getting spark that means the cams are turning, which means
your timing belt is not busted. But you already knew that from the initial
visual inspection.

It may have slipped, but a tooth or 2 would make it run like crap, not die
right out.

You're gonna hate the car while doing the timing belt. There is so much crap
in the way and so many bolts to strip that it's a major PITA. The next thing
to do is to soak the pulley bolts in liquid wrench. Then go to the hardware
store and buy a 6mm allen socket for 3/8" drive ratchet. These seat so much
better than the L-shaped key, and I havn't stripped a bolt with them yet. By
the time you get back the liquid wrench should have done it's job.

If you are getting spark, then I think that the problem is with the fuel.
That tear in the boot can throw things off. It might or might not run with a
tear like that. You'd wanna check the fuel pump relay too.

BTW, how did you check for spark?

Anyway, keep up posted on the progress.

Jonas