Re: My tires are rubbing really bad! duck like noise

On Mon, 7 May 2001 23:21:07 -0700 "Randy B" <sirocco@telocity.com>
writes:

>My 215/45/15's on the BBS's are about 1/2" wider than the 195-14"'s
>and have
>never rubbed.

Cars are not the same. Not all wheels will fit with the same results.
Case in point, my 195/50R15's with my TSW EVO's fit just fine on my 82
roc without issues. Mounted the set on the 84 Roc and they rubbed.

>The Revolutions are 14X7 with a 25mm offset.
>The BBS's are 15X7 with a 32mm offset.
>My point...
>You can either run narrower tires, or another set of wheels with more
>offset and run those fat 215's :)

OR, all he needsto do is install a cheap set of spacers to move the
wheels out from the shocks/strut tube. Probably a simplier method.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!