[tech] installing shaft seals(cam, intermediate, front main)

Well went by and got ROBBED by the Stealership. for 3 seals , 1 oring and
three bolts. 60.00 aaaahhhh

Now that i have spent an inordinate amount of money of OEM stuff that I
know will work are there any tricks that i need to know to install these
items. I did NOT want to have to remove the alt, a/c, waterpump, ps pump,
timing belt cover and timing belt again cause of crappy parts and i didnt
have time to wait for potterman to get them here.

I want to install them correctly the first time without damage.
I plan on following the bentley exactly, but i was just wondering if there
are any tricks or traps i need to know / avoid.

oh think i recruited another lister. he is a mechanic at Jim Ellis VW here
in ATL and autox's

brian
recently robbed.
87 16v in parts in the driveway.. trying to get ready for Cincy.
81S running. plenty o gobber problems to fix. wanna buy it? hell wanna
trade it for good wheels/tires or black leather interior mk2 (ha yeah
right!)