MFA questions

 While we seem to be on the topic of Multi Function Adapters, a few
questions to anyone who has any info:

1.  What sensors are actually needed to make a MFA work?  I figure I already
have the oil temp sender in my '82, the trip meter is that done via another
sensor, or one in the Speedo's odometer?  I know the outside air temp is on
the bumper in my '86 with MFA, the L/100KM is done my what sensors?,etc...

2. Can ANY one let me know how the L/100 km (mile/gal for you us folks)
actually works?  On my '86 this is the only function that does not work.
All other functions work fine, but this one always shows 0000, or ---- when
clear the system.  I would like to get it working (even if I don't use it -
I hate things that don't work in the car).  Anyone have a clue?

 Someone mentioned a tech procedure for installing a MFA in a non MFA car. I
would be very interested in this once it is done, as I want to install on
into the '82 and wanted to know how much work it would be and what
additional sensors I would need.

Thanks

Cory