MK1 facory sliding sunroof?

Hey gang,

So I'm at the boneyard on Saturday looking for sunroof
parts for my GTI (converting it to a tilt and slide)
and I find the roof panel I need from a Audi. Being
that the Audi has a power roof I need a manual handle
to help e in the removal of the roof.  So I start
looking around for manual roof VW when I come across a
MK1 scirocco with factory roof.  Usually I would not
have stopped to get that handle but I did and what did
I find? A factory sliding sunroof on the here MK1!
Never have I seen or for that matter heard that they
were ever put in. I always have seen pop up roofs. I
would assume because of rear head room.  This was a
'78 or later for it had the new style front corner
lights. And this WAS factory. Very cool.

Just thought I would share.

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s