[TECH] Where to put O2 sensor?

Hi!

Just bought a lambda sensor with mixtre meter and
I'm wondering where's the best place to install it?

Some told that it should be exactly 22" (or was it
38") from the block down the header. I have Super-
sprint exhaust system and there's no special place
for it so I'll just have to choose a place, drill
the hole and it's there. I'd like not to stick it
into the pipe as its relatively large and it'll
restrict the flow too much or am I wrong?

Can I put it to the resonator so that it wont be in
the direct flow? Or will it read wrong then?

Somebody told me that it should be there where exhaust
gas temperature is in range of 650-1400 celsius?

More remarks:
Its the 3 wire heated version
It will be for me to look at only, no connections to
any FI system will not come.

Any ideas?

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!