RE: noise from shocks - springs in my 16v

<snip Dan>

How could my 16v with 14in rims and lowered 1.5 inches RUB? What the hell!
I've never had this problem before with my old lowering setup. "I'm so lost"
<end snip>

I'm running the teardrops (14") on lowered springs (.5" - 1") and I hear no
ducks.  However, when one of my wheel bearings was dying, there was enough
play at the axle for the inner sidewall of the tire (195/55r14) to rub
somewhere on the strut when turning.  I noticed it when it rained because
then it was a squeaking noise.  Maybe the lettering on the sidewall is
rubbing?  With a dry tire, it may not be as much of a squeak.  Just a
thought.  Sorry your feeling ducked.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II