Re: overheating.....

On Fri, 4 May 2001 01:25:08 -0400, Josh[deady]Able said:

> ok, I figure its the thermostat, but I figured I might as well fire off an
>  email also. :)
>
>  1-it overheats
>  2-yes it has coolant.....
>  3-fan doesn't cut on
>  4-tried to turn heater on in an attempt to cool engine...blower works, but
>  doesn't blow hot air.

1) seems your thermostat might be stuck closed.
2) if the fan does not cut in (not matter what the thermostat does) it should
come on, So go ahead and check	The fan if it is moving freely by hand, your
thermistor (bottom of raditator to make sure connection is not diconnected (it
might be faulty, check in Bentley they explain how to by-pass it to make the
fan on/off and figure out if the thermistor is defective, also check your fan
relay if any wires come loose (this has happened to me in the past) and again
check bentley for by-pass to test it) perhaps it is faulty as well.

Patrick Bureau
Titian Red 85 8v
http://longcoeur.com/scirocco
(updated with 4 new tech notes)