Re: overheating.....

"Josh[deady]Able" wrote:

> ok, I figure its the thermostat, but I figured I might as well fire off an
> email also. :)
>
> 1-it overheats
> 2-yes it has coolant.....
> 3-fan doesn't cut on
> 4-tried to turn heater on in an attempt to cool engine...blower works, but
> doesn't blow hot air.
>
> Josh[deady]Able
> 87 16v Seidl

1. Did you back fill the block via the top Hose?

2. Did you run the heater when changing coolant mix?

Haven't changed coolant lately? (Drained system etc.). Now's a good time
entering into spring and all.

When you install the new thermo, consider drill two small holes in the
plate of the thing- this lets a small dribble of coolant to flow pass
the thing and avoid bubbles in the black.

TBerk