Re: cold starting aid (aka choke) location - MKII

Etka is where I found the knob (and I verified last night on my 84 that
the punch-out and cover are there - bottom left of the steering wheel.)
It's listed as being used with engine code HN (1.6L 75hp, used in
Sciroccos from 08/83 to 07/86.)  Of course, it also appears to be only
used in Switzerland, Sweden, possibly a few other countries?

Anyways, I answered my own question last night, as the knockout in the
dash is where I thought it was, and it will accept a diesel cold start
cable (the knob on the cable is the same, diesel or HN choke)

Thanks for the response,

Drew