RE: installing transmission

Of course. There is no pilot bearing or anything for that matter to worry
about. I use my finger for an alignment tool and havent had any problems
whatsoever. The only cool thing about the alignment tool is that when you
put it on you can tighten down the flywheel and not have to worry about
pinching the disk.

>Can you even bolt the transmission up if the clutch disk and pressure plate
>are not properly aligned?  I know on a Beetle you can't, and I don't think
>you could on a Scirocco either.
>Aaron
>'87 528e
>'82 Scirocco