Testing 10:1 w/ KS was: Broken Clutch Pedal was: [Good News / Crash] Car all gone

Neal Tovsen wrote:

> The WHOLE CAR broke off at the clutch pedal??
> Wow. Must've been a mess.
>
> Neal
<snip>

> Yesterday my parts car (A2 GTI) decided to break off right at the clutch
> pedal pivot. SO- to the backyard! I'm now running the Jetta w/ bad
> bearing.
<snip>
> I may have to host a pizza&beer weekend soon.
>
> TBerk

Yep, I was left standing in the parking lot with a clutch pedal in my
hand, scratching my head and wondering what happened.  8]
I waited until traffic had died down then drove it home using the two
pedal out of three method.

Swap the battery, a little squirt down the spark plug holes and the
vroooom! the Jetta is back! (It's destined to go the Ex-wife.)

On a Scirocco On Topic Note: I noticed the (A2) Jetta was feeling a lot
peppier than the A2 GTI. I think the Jetta has a wide ratio trans w/
1.8L  8:1 compression, the GTI a 1.8L 10:1 w/ Knock Sensor & a short
ratio trans.

Since the GTI's block (but not trans) is destined to power the Mk1
Roccomobile until an Audi 2.0 shows up, I need it to be putting out it's
all. I don't yet have the later Bentley but I'm wondering if there is a
way to determine if the timing is being retarded _all_ the time?

TBerk
78 Rabbit - waiting, waiting
81 Scirocco - finally getting right
85 Jetta - Leaving soon