Re: Clattering noise update

Thanks for the suggestions - the wheel bolts were tight & it has alloys, so
no wheel covers. There is an ex-mechanic at work, so I took him out in it to
demonstrate the noise. He's sure it's not CV joints because this is more a
metallic clatter than a deep clonking noise. The noise seemed to get quieter
on the way home...

When I got home, I drained the gearbox oil. There were about 20 tiny metal
fragments in the oil, the largest being around 4 x 2 x 2 mm. Not what I was
hoping to see.

Can anyone in the UK recommend a source for a recon gearbox? This is my only
car so I need one ASAP.

Cheers,

Stuart