Re: painting air vents

>I was thinking about painting the air vents on my dash
>and I was wondering what others thought of how it
>looks. Also is it very hard is there some way to take
>out the vent?

I think you should be able to do what-ever makes you happy. :)

That's what modding your car is really all about, making a
personal expression of what _you_ want your ride to be.

They aren't too difficult to remove actually.  A decent flat
bladed screwdriver and some force should do it.  You have to
flex one end (either end works I believe) to get it's pin to pop
out.  I would strongly suggest getting a lot of light over the
vent so you can see how it's attached and how the swivel points
work.  You'll have a much better idea on how to pry then.

An observation...on other cars that have done what you're suggesting,
the paint has seemed to flake off easily...and it really looks like
ass after that. :/

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net