Re: Help! does any one have some vdo gauges for sale?

In a message dated 3/28/01 5:48:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scirocco8valve@yahoo.com writes:

I am making an air fuel ratio gauge (The instructions
can be found on scirocco.org) and I wanted to mount it
in an old Vdo gauge housing and then put it in one of
those three gauge holders so what I am looking for is
a working voltimeter gauge( to put in the housing) and
an either broken or very inexpensive vdo gauge ( No
preference here on if its an oil temp or voltimeter)
to open up and put the air fuel mixture gauge inside
of
Please help me find this stuff! thanx.

P.S. can some one tell me the size of a stock Vdo gauge

Ya know, you can get an A/F gauge for about $30. JC Whitney sells one for
like $36, but Summit has one for $29...they look to be the same.
Intellitronix is the manufacturer. Sometimes it isn't worth the trouble.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)