Speaking of taking out A/C...

Hey list.

So i took out my A/C in my rocco for my engine
swap, now whenever i start it, i hear this hissing noise
coming out of the passanger side under the glove
box. it sounds like an air leak, but i can't find out
where it is. it happens when the heater control is on
any position. max a/c, defrost, heat, etc...
The only thing that i took out from the interior
we're the two metal hoses that ran through the firewall
to right underneath the dash. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
i'm a little concerned whether it's some toxic gas, might
put my to sleep while i'm driving, FOR GOOD!!! bad
news. :)

thanks

Paul
87' Scirocco 16v