Re: Control arm removal --> ball joint won't let go

>From: "Michael Carlson" <m-carlson@home.com>

>the driver's side is proving to be troublesome--especially separating >it
>from the ball joint.

I just want to mention to make sure the bolt is out of the steering knuckle.
The ball joint won't come out (easily) if the bolt is still in there.

Then bang away with whatever heavy object you find. I suggest the Tranny,
it's heavy enough. Unfortunately you need to remove the drive shaft to get
it out, so you're stuck. :-]  (that was sarcasm)

Actually, a prybar works pretty well for me. Just gently use my weight to
leverage the control arm/ball joint out of the steering knuckle. I sometimes
have to "bounce" it a bit.  I avoid harsh impacts as it tends to break shit.

HTH

Jonas

85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8