16v pistons on 8v

Has anyone ever installed 16v pistons on an 8v engine? Is the increment in
power noticable? I saw this done on an 86 8v Scirocco and the guy sweared it
had about 150HP? I saw the engine with the head removed and the pistons were
from a 16v. Is the increment in power that big? The mechanic who
dissasambled the engine told me the compression ratio was about 13:1. Are
this number realistic? I dont know what code the engine block has nor if it
had other mods done to the engine. Any comments?

Gabriel

'87 Scirocco 16v