Re: List, Please Help! Bad Idle + low Vac since euro cam.

>List,
>
>    The other day I had a Lightened Flywheel and euro cam installed in my
>1.8 16v.
>* This is what is in my car:
>- Power Module
>- Euro cam
>- Lightened Fly
>- K&N Air filter
>
>    Since I've brought it home... I've experienced very poor starts
>w/stalling, fluctuating idle, and Lots of engine vibration.
>    At higher rpm's the car runs great!
>
>*Here are the facts about my car:
>
>    - Vacuum - 10 -11 lbs
>    - Timing - 15 degrees
>    - Air/fuel mixture - 9- 10 mil
>
>--------------------------------------
>I know the Vacuum should be 20lbs. What would cause such a drop in pressure?
>(Air boot is fine)
>
>    I disconnected the air stabilizer and that helped a little but I need to
>find out what is wrong.
>Also checked injector O rings and they are fine.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan Kraus :-)
>p.s. a 1.8 Euro cam is the same as a 2.0 correct?

Couple of possible issues here.

One, is that the flywheel is not balanced.  When that weight ring
was cut off, it should have been rebalanced... optimally with the
pressure plate attached.

Second, is that the cam timing might a little off...sounds like it
might be retarded a tooth.  This, on top of a more aggressive intake
cam, is probably affecting your vacuum.  Line everything up and
recheck.  Set the flywheel mark to TDC, then check the cam mark.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net