RE: 75 Ragtop Scirocco

Heh, no problem at all to fix.

Just take it to the local auto upholstry shop and after they look at it,
bend over and prepare for whats cumming. :-)

Local guys here in Sacramento charge $300+ to recover the slider part in
canvas....tack on another $50 or so for the headliner part of the slider if
you want to.

Some time ago I talked to a shop in Southern California called Sunroof
Performers, apparantly they dealt with the ragtops both from Weathershields
LTD. and Brittax back in the day.  They qouted me $250 + shipping for a
complete recover in canvas including either black or white headliner
material.  They also had parts for the cranks and runners and other assorted
ragtop bits.  This was a few years ago so prices may have gone up.  You can
reach them at 213-564-5019.

You need to check your roof around the corners for stress and cracking, the
ragtops are prone to this becauase of the lack of support under the roof.
On mine two steel runners were riveted in that I suppose kept the roof
supported for a while.  After I modified the car with swaybars and stiffer
suspensions parts, those rivets sheared off and the roof began cracking.  So
Beware.

Good luck

Brian H