<tech> R&Ring the clutch pushrod seal & bushing NEED IDEAS

Hey all,

I am going to R&R the clutch pushrod seal and bushing on my 9A this weekend.
I did it in 1994 when I redid another 9A; however, I can't recall if
removing the pushrod will create the possibility of the shift forks moving.
Can anyone verify this or refute it?

*If* yanking the pushrod brings about that condition, does anyone have any
bright ideas about how to do this without inducing the shift forks to
possibly move?  I was thinking about placing the transmission on it's
rearend (5th gear side) and carefully pulling the pushrod, then getting the
bushing and seal out.

As I'll be in MD this weekend, could you please forward any responses to the
following email address, too:
chaz.images@verizon.net

Thanks everyone-
-Phil