RE: (OT) (Rant) Dead Jetta :( -AKA Regular maintenance doesn't pay.

yes.

Some of the higher compression gas engines are too, aren't they?  I don't
think the Sciroccos ever came with them, but were some of the GTI/GLI
engines of the interference variety?  No experience to support this; just
what I've been told.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco