Re: (OT) (Rant) Dead Jetta :( -AKA Regular maintenance doesn't pay.

Wait wait wait.

You changed the timing belt, and had a shop do it?  And it broke?  Or they
did the work wrong?  If the shop messed up, guess what, they are fixing
your car.  That is called negligence.

Explain better what happened.

Eric

On 21 Mar 2001, CATHERINE BOYKO wrote:

> Well, bad day for me. The 87 turbo diesel Jetta, my first VW is dead. Likely
> problem is contact betwen the valve(s) and the piston, due to my insistance on
> having the timing belt changed (and it looked okay). Problem was I didn't take
> it to the dealer and the timing was set up wrong. Body is bad so not worth
> much work, but a head may be an option if the piston looks okay, it runs at
> low revs and spews exhaust out the intake. So now the insurance co. will want
> us to insure him on one of the other three, all very high premiums. But there
> is an 8V Scirocco for sale nearby that sounds decent, how does insurance
> compare with the 16V version , and what problems should I look for? Thanks for
> your pity in advance!

Eric
Westminster, CO

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox