RE: battle of the MK1s

-----Original Message-----
From:	the mad bastard [SMTP:the-mad-bastard@home.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, March 21, 2001 8:25 AM
To:	scirocco86@home.com
Cc:	Daun Yeagley; rocco list
Subject:	battle of the MK1s

> Ok, I need to start talking shit to the Mad bastard :)

    bring it on, baby.

Hell yeah :)

> When my 75 is done, I want to run your scirocco.

    let me know when it's ready.

It will be a while, I don't want this thing to rot at all, so I think im going to tear it down, por 15 it, and re-paint it. Cheap insurance that it wont start turning into that fucked up mk1 peanut brittle rust in 2 years after fresh paint :)

> Your car is fast, but I think mine may be a little faster :O

    sweet.  i think that if you do beat on me, you might have some trouble
with jasin larsen.  he's putting all kinds of goodies in his rocco.

Yeah? Heh, isn't he the one that has that 13.8 sig?

    so what are your intentions for your rocco?  gimme the lowdown, bruv.  i
gotta have some idea of what i'm going to be up against.

Seam welding, weld in cage, and a high compression 2.0l 16v motor with 84mm pistons, some hairy cams, 4.25 R&P, TT race header, and mucho headwork. I'm not sure about how it's going to get fed yet...... I like FI, but weber carbs do amazing things when you know how to tune them, and can keep them in tune. I think that is an art I may look into. You can tweak those things to do just about anything, and with cams & compression in a built 2.0l I think it would be a pretty fast ride. Then again, practicality may win, and I may just convert it to FI (75, it's carbed with a mechanical fuel pump). Decisions, decisions :/

> What did your car run again dude? I can't remember, it's been a while.

    14.24 @ 93-95mph.  that was with no grip in first with my slicks, a
super-leaky exhaust, and way too much fuel.  i was aiming for 13.8.  i hope
to get to that point this year - which is exactly where mr larsen got to
last year (bastard)

Damn, that's pretty fast. You're in 90 5.0l LX territory there, that's no easy feat for a VW. What was the scoop on your car again?

> I remember you said it took a type R though, so it has to move a bit.
Peace,

    yeah, that was a fun run.  my fiancee was in the stands at the track
with a couple of friends, and was sitting in front of a bunch of guys
talking non-stop shit about dubs.  the one clown was telling his friends
about how the typeR was going to squash the ugly old VW.  well, he posted a
14.68 to my 14.26 and that was him eliminated.  of course, my fiancee turned
around and BLASTED this guy in front of all his friends.  he just sat there,
castrated.  what i wouldn't give to have seen his face...

HAH! That is so fucking great man, I hate shitheads like that dude. The fact that your girl got up and made him look like a fucking dick rules even more :) I ran into a new Si the other day in my Golf 1.8T. I  was 1/2 awake driving to work and this fucker cut me off on my exit. The light changed, so we pulled out onto this 3 lane road in suburban DC, and I flew out from behind him and took the left most lane that went straight. I started revving my motor, and he just laughed at my car, and shook his head. The light turned green, and I just launched it at about 1700 (torque is nice). We left the line at the same time, and  launched at the same time with no wheelspin then flat footed it when the boost built.... *fwoosh* I was about 6 car lengths ahead of this dick and  in the right turn lane at the next light. I slowed down, he caught up and looked at me then I shrugged and he took off pissed. What a fucking tool, I wish I could have captured the look on his face.

    BTW, are you going to be at daun's place this year?  if so, we're going
to have to find ourselves a spot to line it up

Yeah, but I highly doubt it would be ready. I may keep it stock for  a while  as I need to take care of  two other cars here that need attention. My mk2 needs some TLC, and I have an 80 parts car I need to strip. After that, I think im going to start the body work on the mk1. You know how it is dude, so much to do, so little time. My stupid fucking job is taking up a lot of time now. Either way, come warm weather and sun until 9pm I will be leaving at 4pm daily to come work on my cars. I just figured it's never to early to start talking shit :D Peace,
	-Gary Huff

P.S. Did you ever get one of those 5.25 ring and pinions? If so do you like it? I'm thinking of putting the 4.25 R&P in both my dubs with a quaife and tall 5th.

    later

jason
the mad bastard
"i drive far too fast to worry about my cholesterol"