Re: offsets (BEARINGS)

>IIRC, don't offsets decrease the life of your wheel bearings as the load of
>the wheel is moved to a different angle than the car was designed for?
>
>-Phil

Yes, I have heard that too.  Not sure how much the bearing life would
decrease.  I don't think it's too major.  I've had my 24mm offset wheels for
a year, and I haven't had any problems.  I actually don't know how old my
bearings are because I've never had to change them in the 2 years I have
owned my car.

If you look at pictures of cars in european vw magazines, tons of them have
wheels that stick out wide.  And those deep dish
rims..........MMMMMMMM..........I don't know if they do something special to
help the longevity of the wheel bearings, anybody know about this?

Casey
84 Roc
83 Audi Coupe