Re: [OT] FINALLY!

"John C. Worden" wrote:

> I've hear a lot of bad things about the Westmoreland cars, including stuff
> from some of the former factory workers I met but, one of the best VWs
> I've had was an '85 GTI.

I had the pleasure and misfortune of owning 2 Westmoreland cars from brand
new, driving both about 60k miles before I got rid of them ('83 Rabbit GTI,
'85 GTI).  They were truly horribly built turds as far as build and materials
quality.  Too bad, they were both wonderfully engineered cars, that were
sourced and built on the cheap.. and with shitty labor to boot.  My '83
GTI was as full of rattles as a 15-year-old 'rocco within ONE year of
being new, despite being driven on the smooth roads of northern California.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA