RE: a/c removal bracket (16V)

Can't help you with being broke, but I do have a factory non-AC alternator
bracket for 16V (with power steering, as most have).  This is a rare part
that the dealer wants over $200 for.  I'm asking $100 or best offer and I'm
in no big hurry to sell this particular piece.  But I will box & ship it!
:)

Here are pics of the factory non-AC bracket side by side with a hacked AC
version.  (pics with a _tn suffix are thumbnails)

http://effervescent.com/vw/pics/AltBrackets/

Either route you go, you'll need a different pulley with a longer
"extension".  Good luck.

Bradley
88 Scirocco 16V
96 Passat GLX Wagon