Re: [OT] FINALLY!

In a message dated 3/19/01 11:02:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
green536@hotmail.com writes:

While I can agree with you on some of those points, I have to point out some
other things.

Ummm.. dont meant harsh anyones gig here but American built VW's are pure
crap. They rattle,

The reason most rattle is because no one puts all the screws back in....mine
doesn't rattle much at all.

>suck to work on

How do you figure? What's so different?

, their wiring harnesses are better made

by 4 year olds,

Um, have you looked at a 70's Rabbit harness lately? The American Rabbit
harness is much less troublesome. Electrical gremlins were the plague of the
early Rabbits, Sciroccos, Jettas.

and they had the wonderful idea of square (read: SQUARE)

headlights.

I can't defend that one. I don't know why they went to the square
lights...perhaps to make it look more "modern" or something. I know it didn't
have anything to do with lighting standards because they contrinued to sell
the Cabriolet with round lights. Oh well... I have them, and I'm not really
that worried about it. Replaced with H4's, and complimented by clear corners,
I think they look fine.

American built VW's are about as good as a Dodge omni with a VW

engine.

You're kidding right? Those cars were a mess under the hood.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)