long (scirocco related)

My brothers car which was once mine just went in for inspection saturday.  The guys there said that everything was cool exept the exhaust manifold was leaking.  Which would have been cool if that's all that was wrong with it.  The guy was in the process of doing an alignment, when he called us back and said he would have to shim the rear.  Then he called back and said that the alignment couldn't be done.  The right rear wheel was to far out of whack.  Anyway 3 years ago I was hit on that same side.  Didn't think anything of it because there was no body damage, the guy hit me in the wheel (different wheels now).  I get on the beltway 3 hours later and the aligment is all f'ed up!  I took it to EIP (sorry) and had them do an aligment and check the rear along with the frontend.  Got it back and eveything was magically ok!  Guess they didn't give a darn about my scirocco.  Does anyone know what it could be?  Is there anyone who has had this problem?  Is it maybe the rear beam, spi!
ndle, or the rears mounts?  Plea
se help, thanks.