Re: 2.0 short block with 1.8 cylinder head

For what it's worth, I am doing the same thing right now.  The stock 1.8 head flows better than the stock 2.0 head.  It is a direct swap.  As long as you do everything right, torque all the bolts down correctly, it will be just as reliable as stock.  I have heard this swap is worth anywhere from 7-12hp at various points across the entire RPM range.

Joe