Re: Best All Around Brake Pads?

--- Robert <Tpiwonka@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I just went with mintex pads and ate power disks.  Over stock they do have
> better bite but they still fade after two 80 to 40 stops fairly quickly.
>
> Question:
> 1.
>     I had just purchased my car and was doing the brakes.  The pads that
> were on the car were pagids.  Are these a high performance pad, better than
> mintex or not?

My only question for you about this new brake setup of ATE and Mintex pads...
Did you break them in properly before doing these 80 to 40 runs?
I hate to ask an obvious question, but I know from experience about getting
a new set of brakes broken in properly...

I think the pagids are better than stock, but not really sure if they are
better than Mintex...are these the Mintex "red box" pads?

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
81 Scirocco