RE: 4-wheel alignment

I just saw the "Goss' Garage" segment of whatever car show it's on (C&D
Television, Motorweek, something like that) a few days ago, and he said that
since front wheel alignment is based on rear wheel alignment, you should ask
for a front end alignment first.  If the rear is out of alignment, they
won't be able to do it and they will tell you that you need a 4-wheel
alignment.  Of course, this assumes you are at a reputable shop and you are
keeping stock specs.  If you're getting a $30 alignment, you're screwing
yourself right off the bat anyway.

I'm not an alignment expert; I just heard what this guy on TV said.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle